The Registration and Title team at Cox Automotive has an open position for a Senior Software Test Engineer
. We help users transact by providing secure, reliable, and straightforward ways to manage the entire life cycle of vehicle registration. We take pride in the quality we deliver. We respect opinions and love discussions that help converge a divergent set of views in the best interests of our customers. We do the right thing - always!
Technology is an important consideration for sure, but it is "a" consideration. We are solution focused - solving the problem for our customers and solving it securely and sustainably.About the Position:
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will play a key role in the following areas:
What we are looking for:
- Defining your scrum team's quality and repeatable delivery.
- Understanding and embracing the technical direction and plan your own work to meet given objectives and milestones.
- Coaching and guiding scrum team members on testing best practices and leading them to produce high-quality unit tests and high-quality software.
- Investigating, defining and resolving complex issues, exercising substantial personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Driving continuous improvement within your scrum team and make decisions that influence the success of projects and team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years experience OR MS w/2+ years experience OR 8 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- The ideal candidate forms opinions he/she can lead with, justifying the direction and influencing the team to gain their trust.
- Embraces and thrives with change (does not mean chaos).
- Values spending time with other engineers, guiding them in their journey towards becoming well-rounded engineers including, at times, understanding personal motivations and challenges and helping them overcome mental barriers to become fearless coders who take pride in their work.
- While our stack is primarily Java, Angular, and MySQL with a spattering of .Net, the ideal candidate is a polyglot for whom programming language is not a barrier.
- Experience in creating API automated and manual tests and test cases.
- Experience in creating UI automated and manual tests and test cases.
- Experience in creating performance tests and test cases is a plus.
- Experience in test verification with SQL tools.
- Puts a premium on quality code.
- Embraces the spirit of agile, iterative value delivery.
- Puts a premium on repeatable tests to ensure quality.
- Questions status quo and strives for continuous improvements.
- Uses a combination of technology, process, and people skills to help teams solve problems.
- Security is never an afterthought; you consider non-functional requirements at every step.
- Works with the leads and teams to figure out an optimal test plan, considering the design, implementation, and what was covered in unit and integration tests then figure out the test plan.
- Collaborate across teams to document and keep the test plans up to date as changes happen.
- Identify gaps in test plans by reviewing product functionality, and defects being discovered and collaborating with the team to improve quality either by modifying unit/integration tests or by adding manual/automated functional tests.
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company's needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
USD 96,100.00 - 160,200.00 per yearAbout Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!About Cox
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.