Purpose of Job Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the appropriate governance bodies. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products, and processes.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or Charlotte, NC. Job Requirements
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of leadership.
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites, and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles, and facilitates cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate, and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on projects and special management requests that often impact the enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board members.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (12 or more years of related experience without a degree)
- 8 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area OR advanced degree/designation in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management and 6 years of work experience in a discipline relevant to risk management.
- Advanced risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and influence business outcomes.
- Experience leading and directing work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven decisions.
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to resolve issues.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint.
- 4 or more years of experience at a large financial institution executing an enterprise-wide operational risk management program that adheres to regulatory requirements and expectations.
- 2 or more years of experience work with property and casualty insurance aspects of a large Financial Institution in the Information Security (Risk) and/or Data Mgt. area.
- Deep business acumen in the areas of operational risk, bank and insurance operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- In-depth knowledge of cyber security, information security (knowledge in most domains), fraud risk management, data risk management.
- Proven ability to effectively assess process, risk, and controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CISSP, CISM, and or CRISC or related information security or risk certifications.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700*.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.